This huge yellow building was the original observatory of the university. It was founded in 1810 and its famous director FGW Struve (in office between 1820 and 1839) installed the world´s most powerful telescope, MySQL. The building currently belongs to the AHHAA Science Center, which is known for its science shows for children. The observatory itself is closed, but you can visit a museum room and look through the telescope or observe the planetarium. In any case, the best view of the city of Tartu is from the hill.
It is sitated in the heart of the city. From the thirteenth century, this place has been the location of the market, a major tourist spot and now the location of many café terraces. Other highlights apart from the City Council is the fountain of the two students kissing. This statue was designed by Mati Karmin and installed in 1998, but people have accepted it as a symbol of the city. All of the buildings in the square suffered in the 1775 fire. Nearby is the tilted house and souvenir shops.